Monday, June 28, 2010

S'mores Scones

I have been on a s'mores kick lately. Okay, maybe it's not a kick as much as a love for this flavor combo. I mean, where can you go wrong with chocolate and marchmallow melted together between two pieces of graham cracker? That's right. You can't go wrong. It's delicious. So on one of my hunts for s'mores related recipes, I came across this one at Baked Perfection. It looked simple enough compared to other scone recipes. There aren't any eggs. No serious method. Just combine all of the dry stuff and mix in the cream and ta-da! Scone dough.
When I was planning my tea party, I knew I had to have these. It was one of the first recipes I decided on making. What a better way to try a new recipe than when friends are coming over? They'll tell you their honest impressions of it.
And the recipe was great. Everyone liked it, especially my hubby (who wasn't at the tea party, don't worry). The crushed graham crackers gave the scones a delightful texture as well as added flavor. I can't think of a better way to incorporate graham crackers into this recipe!
I changed up the recipe from Baked Perfection just a bit to make it easier for myself. Check it out!


S'mores Scones (makes about 15)
1 1/4 c. flour
1 1/4 c. finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
3 tbl. sugar
1 tbl. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. mini marshmallows
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. chocolate chips, melted (optional)
powdered sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 400F and grease a cookie sheet.
Mix together the first seven ingredients in a bowl. Pour in the heavy cream and mix it together JUST until combined.  Using your hands, roll the dough into 1 1/2-2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. The dough will be sticky, so you can flour your hands if you like.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. The scones will be beginning to brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a baking rack. Once cool, drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle powdered sugar over top to make it look nice. You can see that I didn't do that. I ran out of time.

I linked my recipe up with:

18 comments:

  1. I Highly doubt these will fit into my diet but boy do they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...I've never made scones but that sounds easy enough and I LOVE s'mores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... I've been seeing smores on the blog world a lot today. Seems like a conspiracy is going on!! These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just tweeting about craving s'mores and then this! holy yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - those are my kind of s'more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looked beautiful! I can't wait for our next shindig. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How yummy! The "adult" version of a childhood favorite. :-) Thanks for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! I have never been a scone fan, but am a HUGE smores fan!! I will have to try this out! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love scone, love smores.....well sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both s'mores and scones. Who would have thought - together. Thanks for a delicious looking recipe. Why am I attracted to all the sweets?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm right there with you - I LOVE s'mores! Can't wait to try these!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! And I thought I'd seen every form of s'mores know to mankind :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so good, my boys love cookies, I will have to try your recipe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...I know this has got to be good~ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks tasty! Thanks for linking up to this week's It's Party Time Thursday @ PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers! How yummy!

    Thanks for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm.. mmm.mmmmmm.mmm.MMMmmmmm!! :) I love S'mores with a passion too. This recipe sounds especially fun to try- - can't wait. Thanks for posting to the Recipe Share Party.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete