Well, I am very happy to say that the recipe I put together was wonderful! The chicken was super tasty and sweet! We ate ours over pasta because that lovely sauce cannot be put to waste. Very good.
This dish is definitely best the first day. Right after it's made, it's wonderful. The next day it's good- but not as good unfortunately.
Chicken Marsala serves 4
recipe by Stacia
2 chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
salt & pepper
1/4 c. flour for dredging
8 oz mushrooms, sliced (whatever kind you like- I used button mushrooms)
2 tbl. unsalted butter
1 c. low sodium chicken broth
1 c. sweet Marsala
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and then dredge in the flour. Let them sit while a skillet with enough olive oil to coat the bottom warms up over medium heat.
Cook the chicken, a couple pieces at a time as to not crowd the pan and lower the heat dramatically. This should take about 3-5 minutes per side depending on how thick the pieces are and how hot your burner gets. Go ahread and check the thickest part of each when you think it's done- I almost ALWAYS do that.
Once the chicken is done cooking, add the butter and mushrooms to the pan and lower the heat a little. Cook the mushrooms down until they begin to soften up. If you lose moisture in the pan to cook the mushrooms, add a little of the broth instead of adding more butter or oil.
At this point, I sprinkled a couple tablespoons of the leftover flour over my mushrooms as to thicken up the sauce more in the end, but that is completely optional. If you do add some flour, stir it around to make sure it doesn't just clump to a few mushrooms.
Add the Marsala and the broth, keeping the heat on medium low. Stir everything around and make sure to get all of the good browned bits on the bottom from the chicken.
All that's left is to cook down the broth and mushrooms for a couple minutes, then add the chicken back in while the sauce finishes up. Cook until the sauce reduces by about half and thickens up a little. Enjoy!
I have linked this recipe up at:
- Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple
- Just Something I Whipped Up hosted this week at DillyDally and Flitter
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- Delicious Dishes at It's a Blog Party
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesdays at the Table at All The Small Stuff
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tuesdays Tastes at Crazy Daisy
- Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple
- Recipe Share Party at Harrigan Howdy
- It's Party Time Thursday at Pony Tails & Fish Scales
- I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum