Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chocolate Yummies

I have been on a search for a recipe that incorporated the three basic s'mores flavors for a couple weeks when I discovered this recipe at the Kellogg's Rice Krispie's site.

The recipe is super duper quick and easy to make, and very fun to eat. I really like the fact that there are all three distinct flavors I was looking for- the graham cracker, the marshmallows and chocolate.

The only change I made to the recipe was halving the peanut butter in it since I was looking for more of a s'mores type of thing. But you could put all of it in there if you are a peanut butter person. Peanut butter and chocolate go really well together!


Chocolate Yummies
adapted from Kellogg's Rice Krispies

Graham crackers- I find that one of the packages in the box is about enough
2 1/2c. mini marshmallows (yes, they have to be the small kind)
1 pkg (2 c.) chocolate chips
2/3 c. light corn syrup
3 tbl. butter
1/4- 1/2 c. peanut butter (I used the smooth kind, but you can use whatever you have)
3 c. Rice Krispies

Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and line the bottom with graham crackers. Break them up into smaller pieces to fit in and cover the entire bottom.
Sprinkle the marshmallows over the graham crackers in an even layer. Microwave the entire thing for one minute or until the marshmallows have puffed up. (You could stick it under the broiler for more of the toasted taste!)
In a micromave safe mixing bowl, add the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring the mixture every 30 seconds.
Mix in the peanut butter thoroughly, then stir in the Krispies until everything is well blended. Spread the mixture (carefully) over the marshmallows and refrigerate for at least an hour until the whole thing has firmed up.
Now you can cut it up into tasty little bars! Enjoy!


This recipe has been linked up at:

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! This looks delicious! I'd take a couple of them right now, please =o)

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look great! My kids would LOVE these. Actually, who wouldn't! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm good these would be great for dessert or snack time thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I printed this up, this look great! The kids will love it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would be great when it's hot and you don't want to bake! Actually - I think they would be great ANYtime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like microwave smores LOL you can't go wrong with chcoclate!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to make these! I think I have everything I need in my kitchen now. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you have a winner here! What fun! Thanks for linking with Tuesday Tastes! I am so happy to have you! People's Choice polls are open - head over and vote for your favorite when you have a chance!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Dasiy
    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/tuesday-tastes-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for making my mouth water! Definitely have to try these!
    Thanks for linking up at PonyTails&FishScales~Party Time Thursday!

    tere

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy!! This looks like a good replacement for S'mores when you just can't get to a campfire. :) Great idea. Thanks for linking it to the Recipe Share Party a couple weeks back.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete