Friday, May 14, 2010

Banana Fudgesicles


What's better than a nice cool treat on a warm afternoon? What frozen confection brings you back to childhood?  And what's a tasty way to use up some very ripe bananas when you're tired of banana bread?
I'll tell you. It's banana fudgesicles. :)
Last summer I began my search for popsicle molds. I didn't find them, but luckily the hubby and I recieved a pack of 6 as a wedding present. Yay!
Now that the weather is warming up, I knew it was time to break out the popsicle molds and make something tasty. What is tastier than chocolate? Not a lot. What goes great with chocolate that I happen to have a few of? Bananas!
The banana makes it healthy, right? ;)
I found these fudgesicles to be so nice and refreshing on a warm day! The chocolate is just strong enough that it compliments the banana perfectly, and I am so glad I didn't have to make more banana bread!
My recipe makes 6 popsicles. Each hold about a half cup of popsicle goodness. You can use small dixie cups with posicle sticks, or even double it up to make a bunch. Yum.



Banana Fudgesicles

2 tbl. cornstarch
sprinkle of salt
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
heaping 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 very ripe banana, mashed up good.

Mix together the first five ingredients in a saucepan. Once combined, bring to a boil over medium heat and stir for one minute, or until the mixture has thickened up. Congratulations, you just made a really quick and easy pudding.
Turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until they have melted completely. Then mix in the maches banana.
Like a good gravy, this stuff will thicken up fast as it cools down. You can put piece of plastic wrap over it, touching the surface to prevent a skin from forming and stick it in the fridge if you don't want to make the fudgesicles right away. Otherwise, fill up your molds or dixie cups with the pudding. Stick the tops on the molds, or put plastic wrap over dixie cups and stick a popsicle stick through the plastic wrap. The plastic helps to hold the stick upright.
Freeze for at least four hours and enjoy!
Note: If the fudgesicles don't come out of their molds easily, run a little warm water around the outside and they should pop right out.


I linked this recipe up at:

15 comments:

  1. Yum! The kids would love these on a warm day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really great! We have those popsicle makers too :)

    By the way... if you have a toaster oven, you can make the baked oatmeal in there rather than heating up your whole kitchen! We tried that the other morning and it worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is a GEM!

    i have NO idea how to cook, whatsoever...

    you have such great tips, i can't wait to see what you post next!

    thanks for the follow and comments. i LOVE comments!

    ang. greensubmarinediydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is your funnest recipe yet...sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy and tasty! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe - I'm putting it on my summer treat list. Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance. Can't wait to try these. Hope you are having a great weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmmmmy! This looks great and I love Fudgesicles. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

    I found you via You're So Crafty Mondays. Hope you can visit me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!!! I LOVE fudgesicles, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe - I going to try these! Yummy! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I actually have a popscicle mold that I haven't used yet. I think my son would love these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! And if I use 80% dark chocolate, it'll really be healthy then, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    I've come to you via Some What Simple - Strut Your Stuff Thursday. I love this recipe and so will my three little boys! I can't wait to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome idea! My 3 year old would eat this up quick! Thanks so much for linking with PonyTails and FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love chocolate banana milkshakes made with real bananas! I bet these are to-die-for! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Tastes! Polls just opened for the People's Choice Award! Stop by and and vote when you get a chance -just click on your fav recipe!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/tuesday-tastes-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound amazing!!! Can't wait to try some of them!

    I'm following you back from Follow Friday!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Valorie at www.TruthbeToldBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure who would like these better, me or the kids??? :)

    Kel
    www.betweenthelines-kel.com

    ReplyDelete