Well, 2 of the plants aren't producing quite like I had hoped for. Never the less, our jalapeno plant is packed full of peppers. That's where this oh so simple idea came from!!
Be careful when slicing the peppers in half and scooping ou the seeds and membrane. I used to not think much of it- not with jalapenos, then I reiceved all of the warning I will ever need. A small squirt from the pepper got into my eye. I know what pepper spray must feel like, ladies and gentleman, and it is NO GOOD! ( I plan to use gloves and safety glasses when all of my cayenne peppers are ready!)
Since this recipe is really more of a guideline, I don't have any specific measurements. Fell free to doll it up as you wish.
Mozzarella Stuffed Jalapenos
mozzarella cheese sticks (or a small block of mozzarella)
bread crumbs (I used plain, but seasoned would be tasty)
Wash the jalapenos and slice them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out all of the insides- its those seeds and membrane that make the pepper hot! Be careful not to flatten out the jalapeno, we need it's shape to stuff it. You can cut the top part off if you want, just to make sure all of the hot part is gone (I didn't cut the top off, so mine were pretty hot).
Take your chees stick and slice it into small strips that will fit into the jalapeno. Sprinkle some bread crumbs over the top- as much as you like. Put the peppers on a foil lined baking sheet (easy clean up!) and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or so, until the cheese has begun melting and the bread crumbs are sufficiently browned. Keep an eye on these, they will go quickly! Enjoy!
Note: I used my toaster oven for this and it worked PERFECTLY for something so small!
- Made By You Monday at Skip To My Lou
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- Sunday Recipe Swap at Remodelaholic
- Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday featured @ At the Well
- Topsy Turvy Tuesday at I'm Topsy Turvy
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Delicious Dishes at It's a Blog Party
- Hearth and Soul Blog Hop # 14 at Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy