Hubby and I both really enjoyed the dish- but feel free to change it up to your taste. Don't put garlic in if you don't like it. Add more onion if you love the stuff. You get my drift.
Roasted Green Beans and Onions about 4 servings
(adapted from a recipe in Taste of Home)
3/4- 1 lb of green beans, ends snapped off and washed
1 small onion, thinly sliced into rings (or half rings if you're like me)
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
1 tbl. red wine vinegar
1 tbl. olive oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (I used my toaster oven here)
Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the beans for approx. 5 minutes or so. Their color will become more pronounced, but still be firm. Drain.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the beans with the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is covered in oil and vinegar. Place on a greased baking dish. Spread out a little bit- too much spreading and things will burn quickly.
Bake for 10 minutes and check. If you want it more cooked, stir and pop back in the oven for another 5 minutes of so. After 10 minutes, the beans and onions were plenty cooked for my taste. Enjoy!
I have linked up this delicious recipe at:
- Sunday Recipe Swap at Remodelaholic
- Potluck Sunday at Mommy's Kitchen
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Topsy Turvy Tuesday at I'm Topsy Turvy
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Delicious Dishes at It's a Blog Party